the melodrama of my life

Saturday, September 25, 2004

personal growth

>>>PERSONAL GROWTH


the title cannot get more apt, can it?
ever since nicole used this phrase on why she isnt skipping CB lecture, even though everyone else was skipping, this phrase had been appear so often now & then. as teasers, of cos.

this evening, while my oh-so-wonderful mum handstitched the petticoat under my (current favourite) red skirt, my cousin grumbled that my auntie can't do such things- she has to seek her friend's mum help whenever she wants to alter any clothe.

man, havent my mum & i talked about how mothers should know how to sew for their kids?

i was fortunate; i escaped sewing any piece during home econs class.
i do not want my daugther to talk behind my back in this way in future, and so, i told myself i'm gonna learn sewing. no, not cross stitch. u know, using the sewing machine..to alter or to make additions to my clothes.

so i started with the loose buckle on my black skirt.
hand stitch, of cos. a step at a time la. i thought it was a good start, or so i hopeD.

i pulled the thread too hard, it snapped.
mummy doubted my ability and offered to help.
i refused to give up.

success.

mum finished stitching that part of my petticoat before i finished attaching that one third of the buckle back. nice, anyway.

mummy is a great seamstress. she made her own wedding gown; a very gorgeous, cheong sam cutting dress (how cool is that?). she made a couple of my skirts. she editted plenty of my clothes.

~

like a little kid, refusing to lend her precious teddy, mum took her beloved monkey back from my cousin, ho (why? "cos the arm was already coming off"), and carried it to the drawer.

i knew what was coming: the needles and thread.


so, today she even stitched an arm of a monkey.
mum expressed her regrets of not buying the bigger version of it.

she paid $69 for this, mind u. just cos , in her words, "it looks very sad."

thank goodness mummy won't get to read this entry. she refused to let me upload the first picture, "how can you publicise a picture of me in my specs so low!"

my mother has become lamer & lamer by the day. but i still love her. in fact, i love her very much.

~

next up: (get this huiliang) im gonna learn how to cook.


i'm in love with lin jun jie's jiang nan.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie Yang said...

oh yes. it's been i dunno how long since i even touched a needle. maybe we should hold classes and make everyone come. it's never crossed my mind but yes, our kids might despise us for not knowing. siggghhh.

ooh you like that song? hm.. jielun can do it better. HAHAHA okay, okay. anyway i'm obbessed with the 50s music. shall send you soonn!!! haha

26/9/04 18:38  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home