the melodrama of my life

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Nobody Knows

Directed by Kore-eda Hirokazu


Yagira Yuya as Akira

the movie was considerably slow moving for my usual likes but it was able to retain my attention for the full 140mins.
it was extremely heart-tugging.

despite his single-eye-lid eyes, i was very swooned over by this young actor (Yagira Yuya). not cos his looks, honestly. what really struck to me instantly was the selflessness of Akira, and his awesome display of brotherly love.

selflessness; how often can we see that?

the movie puts me in Akira's position, lets me feel for the siblings and left me not knowing what and how to comment.

i commend then-13 year old Yagira for his excellent performance in his debut movie. it was a worthy Best Actor win in Cannes.

im not a slow-movie, nor a Japanese movie fan but i recommend this movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home