the melodrama of my life

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Travelling is good

A month ago, I booked a s$2100 ticket for my spoilt/lucky brother to travel on SIA's second newest aircraft type (777-300ER) to Paris. We spent only 2 days there and needless to say, he enjoyed Paris as much as me but I'm still smelling the debt of the ticket.

I just came back from Zurich, my second in two weeks and I'm proud to say I've covered quite a bit of Switzerland. Switzerland has nice scenery but it definitely is a boring place to stay in. It's fortunate I didn't go there on my 11-days long leave in Aug.

On my first trip, I visited beautiful Lucern where the shopping streets are similar to the Old Town in Zurich, over-rated Trummelbach Falls, quite nice Staubbach Falls and boring Interlaken.

And on the second, I covered awesome Rhein Falls which is now killing me to visit Niagara Falls, and can't-see-why-its-a-cultural-heritage site Bern the capital.


We wanted to travel another hour and a half to Geneva and Lausanne but we didn't have the time to. Well, at least the next time I'm rostered to the common Zurich, I know where to go. Interestingly, I haven't visited any of the mountains that Switzerland is famous for; a pity considering its the starting of winter now (less cold but beautiful enough).

I'm loving my current roster cos I managed to change away my flights to go on two holidays this month (Zurich and Taipei); I'm gonna be around for mum's & bro's birthday; I'm rostered to MILAN (finally something good) on the 4th, and if nothing goes wrong, I'll head to San Francisco and my favourite HK on the 10th.

I was initially hoping to visit Hokkaido or Hanoi and Sapa on my 4 free days but unfortunately, seems like it's the wrong season for Hokkaido and Hanoi too boring for my friend.

Michael was away in Brisbane for more than a week and we managed to catch up for a quickie before he is now gone again for more than a week.

A boyfriend busier than a cabin crew + a cabin crew girlfriend = lonesome relationship.

2 Comments:

Blogger zenn said...

drink hot choc in lausanne! yumyumyum haha i'm going over first week of nov (managed to change my 308 haha)

i've got a loooong break in nov coz of my birthday, and no where to go (or rather, no one to fly away with). sorrowssssss =(

25/10/07 20:47  
Blogger Website Name said...

Nice Post! Being in the IT world, you must stay focus on what you are doing and concentrate. Every single detail is important.


HOSTING SERVIES
HOSTING IT
IT HOSTING
website name

17/3/12 13:05  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home