the melodrama of my life

Saturday, March 04, 2006

LUCKY, BUT STILL NEED MORE

Yesterday, Joanne and I planned to meet in a particular bus 24. The plan: she was to take a bus from her place and I will take the same bus from a further bus stop.

I reached my stop and still haven't received any message about the bus number plate from her so I called her: "What's the bus number?"
She, being her usual self: "24."
Me, rolling my eyes: "Of cos la! Plate number."
She: "Oh. XX9X." (X = can't hear)
Me: "Huh?"
She: "X9XX."
Me, giving up: "Ok. 2912 ah?"
She, finally loud & clear, & laughing: "3894* la! So different!" (*The number is not accurate, I can't remember already)

So, when I got onto the bus, despite my repeated explanation that she was soft and unclear, Joanne was still laughing in amusement and exclaimed that she must buy 4D for 2912.

This evening, I received a sms: Sharon Wong! 2912 starters today! Should have bought!

She was LAZY to get out to buy this morning, even though she thought of it when she woke up. Sister, you should have remembered lady luck has been with us all week lor!

Bloody hell. 500 bucks. I could have demanded a treat or a new shoe or bag! Wah, damn damn sian.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the bus number is actually 3893.. do u think we should try our luck on 3894 this time around? heh...

5/3/06 03:26  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home