the melodrama of my life

Thursday, November 11, 2004

i love the East

>>>I LOVE THE EAST

as i boxed up my stuff this morning, i was overwhelmed with a great sense of sadness.

i was another step closer to move out of the East.
ive lived in the East side of Singapore all my 19 years, and suddenly, to move to Novena is a horrendous idea (to me).

ill most definitely miss cycling to East Coast Park- the cycling trips; riding from my place to the beach.
ill miss walking out to savour the great food here- the laksa, the rojak, the chicken rice, the porridge, the durian puff, the bak kut teh, the plentiful Peranakan restaurants.
ill miss walking Parkway Parade.
ill miss the ability to cycle with ease to Tanjong Rhu.
ill miss the daily rituals in the Indian temple and the singspiration from the Baptist church.
ill miss the convenience of taking buses from here- direct buses to almost anywhere.
ill miss my friends telling me they're lucky i live near them everytime they send me home.
ill miss, believe it or not, the long travelling distance to school.
for some weird reason, ill miss the daily travelling on the ECP.
i love the East.

yes, its not like i can't travel to the East.. and i should be glad for a nicer housing environment- a private pool, my relatives as my neighbours, being able to see my favourite car (the oh-so-so-awesome Ferrari 360 spider) everyday; a better location- central- much closer to town & school, and ive Newton Circus so near me.

granted, ive Macritchie reservoir in substitute(barely) for East Coast Park; Newton Circus can substitute(barely) the great food at East Coast Rd, Siglap and Laguana.

...but but but the East is just different. it's just inexplicable. honestly, i rather remain here. i simply love the East.

as Ms Kua said, "the easterners (of Singapore) are very proud of the East. i can't imagine moving out of the East- it's something only people who have stayed in the East will understand."

i totally agree with that.
totally totally totally.
totally totally totally.

sad; im so so sad to leave. this is the first time i'm not in anticipation for a new house.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dun be sad! but its the same when i moved out of bukit batok.
but now at least ure closer to *ahem* me.
good point! rite rite rite rite?
naz

12/11/04 23:24  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home