the melodrama of my life

Sunday, August 08, 2004

my 19th

>>>MY 19th.


huiliang made a postive impact on me yesterday- i didnt skip my first lecture although i woke up half an hour late.


realising that ive overslept, the usual me would shut my eyes again & decide to skip the first lesson. but i remembered i was supposed to meet huIliang before my first lecture so that the lazy him won't have to hold my present til 5pm.


and so,i had to get mummy dearest to drive me all the way to school..just to get my present from him.
im not complaining; i can't..cos ok, i have to admit..yes, huiliang is sweet, and the plant is soooo cute.
my goodness; i cldnt and still cant help showing it off.



i love the surprise my classmates gave me. i like hearing a birthday song being sung to me as i walk down the stairs, unsuspectingly, with my classmates gathered around a mango cake.


sweeeet.


so they hinted that my present will changed my life. books,they are.
(i will read them ok.) i appreciate that e books were those that they know ill read; the only kind. and the flowers too. :)


as i got into zac's car, he said it was obvious i had a good day. thanks guys!


it was a good night with zac & andrew at crowded Holland V as i crossed over to my 19th 7 August.
honey, thanks for making the night out a good one. i looove the GODIVAs!


the wishes that came in were sweet, and i appreciate the fact that many of those whom i was close to before, and even a good number of my aquaintances, remembered my 19th.


i reached home to find a bouquet of dozen black roses from desmond(who was still in taiwan then) on my desk. i love black roses. thanks for the effort dear!



it might not be a very eventful day..after all, birthdays are, to me, just another day..but i slept smiling.


~


as i met the girls this evening, i felt as if we have just met each other not too long ago. the feeling of familarity is nice. very nice.
it was good to see jiafang after so long (ive seen michelle, diying & JOANNE recently); a changed one at that: sleeveless & skirt!


jiafang proudly tell us about her auntie-ism as she has to shop at NTUC frequently now that she's staying at the hostel. and gasp, she was looking at a robot-mop while michelle & i were looking at bags!


and her auntie-ism of adjusting her skirt ever so often broke the handle of my paper bag. i don't know how exactly did that happen but never mind, i forgive her.


so we discussed about meeting at JP one day (ignorant diying was clueless about jurong point), and at Holland V's NYDC just for their mango tango cheesecake & mudpies; a brand new topic for a hougang-east coast group.


as we sat at NYDC at Wheelock,we laughed at jiafang's stupidity. (she's next in line after wen.)


when we saw an ex-school mate at NYDC, she asked her,
"hey you come here to eat ah?"


"ah? yah. what else?"


eye rolling.


nevertheless it was very fun to laugh hyterically over stupid jokes and with our over-eating syndrome acting up(once again).


the irony is that, michelle initially 'despised' the 3 girls beside us, who were laughing loudly; saying that thank God we've matured & grown out of it. minutes later, we found ourselves like them. we had to constantly remind ourselves to shuddup.


we presume that the girls are from a girls' school. however, we could only conclude they might be from one of the CHIJs. we've lost the ability to differentiate the different girls from the single sex schools. look what 2 to 3 years out of one has done to us.


less than an hour of sitting in, we heard no less than 3 birthday songs being sung. so, there're many people sharing the same birthday as me.


the girls offered to buy me a cake to sing me a birthday song too. i refused,
"i don't want people to walk past & think i'm lying about my age."




ladies, thanks for the giftS. i really like them(of cos, since they're bought for me cos u guys knew i was eyeing them).


happy birthday to eunice (sock's sis), uncle james (desmond's dad), uncle poh (mum's colleague), ms chia (my chem teacher), bro's ex crush.. and everyone who shares the same birthday as me.


albeit i feel that birthdays are just another day, i love eeeevvveryyyy bit of this year's.
i'm gonna sleep smiling tonight, again.


i'm anticipating for my 3rd birthday celebration on monday.

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie Yang said...

glad you had such a good time! :) :) :)

yes yes it's always easy to think that birthdays are just another day. but the pleasant surprises that come with it are definitely unforgettable. it's like one day you realise alot of people who aren't close friends care about and remember you.

WHY AREN'T YOUR PICTURES WORKKKINNNNNNN?

i wanna see the black roses.

8/8/04 22:38  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home